Every Friday at Noon Virtual on Zoom
- Access in real time here - Password: 546867
Objective & Accreditation
The objective of this series is to inform physicians and other health care professionals of advances and their scientific basis across various fields within Internal Medicine.
The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Michigan Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Dr. Yung, the planner for this activity, has no commercial relationship relevant to this activity.
Upcoming Grand Rounds
- 3- Annual Alan N. Dengiz Next Generation Lecture: Julie Bynum, MD, MPH (UM Geri & Palliative Med)- "Alzheimer’s Disease, Dementia, and Care Delivery: Triumphs and Threats"
- 10- Debbie Chen, MD (UM MEND)- "Access Denied: Healthcare Disparities with Thyroid Cancer as the Model"
- 17- Andrew Wong, MD (CMR)- "Morbidity & Mortality: A 27-Year-Old Pregnant Woman with Shortness of Breath"
- 24- No Grand Rounds
- 1- Scott Manaker, MD, PhD (University of Pennsylvania)- "Diagnosis Codes and Reimbursements- Why Every Physician Should Care"
- 8- Susan Goold, MD (UM General Med)- "How Can We Measure Justice?"
- 15- CEQ Grand Rounds Speaker Series: Michelle Jacobs, MS, CGC (UM Genetic Medicine)- "From Sequencing to Solutions: A Quality Improvement Journey in Germline Testing Referrals"
- 22- Xanthia Tucker, MD (CMR)- "Morbidity & Mortality"
- 29- No Grand Rounds
- 5- Judith A. Paice, PhD, RN (Northwestern University; Feinberg School of Medicine)- "Opioid Use in Serious Illness"
- 12- Cornelius James, MD (UM Gen Med), Karandeep Singh, MD (UM Urology), Kayte Spector-Bagdady, JD, MBE (UM Obstetrics & Gynecology), Nicholson Price, PhD, JD, AB (UM Law School), and Amy Cohn, PhD, AB (UM Industrial and Operations Engineering)
- 19- Hallie Prescott, MD, MSc (UM Pulm Crit Care)
- 26- Kayla Secrest, MD (CMR)- "Morbidity & Mortality"
- 2- CEQ Grand Rounds Speaker Series: Jordan Schaefer, MD (UM HemOnc)
- 9- William (Bill) Gruber, MD (Pfizer)
- 16- AOA Grand Rounds
- 23- Bhushan Deshpande, MD (CMR)- "Morbidity & Mortality"
- 1- ID Annual Fekety Lecture- Wendy Armstrong, MD (Emory)
- 8- Brosius Lectureship- Crystal Gadegbeku, MD (Cleveland Clinic)
- 15- IMPOWER Grand Rounds Lecture Series: Feranmi Okanlami, MD, MD (UM Family Medicine)
- 22- Annual Connie Standiford Improving Clinical Care Lecture; Igho Ofotokun, MD, MSc (Emory University)
- 29- Andrew Wong, MD (CMR)- "Morbidity & Mortality"
- 12- Clinical Experience & Quality Grand Rounds Lecture Series
- 19- Inaugural Brosius Lectureship- Crystal Gadegbeku, MD (Cleveland Clinic)
- 26- Diana Kakos, MD (CMR)- "Morbidity & Mortality"
- 3- Annual Research Symposium
- 10- Leitchman Professorship- Gabriel M. Danovitch MD, FRCP (David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA)- "Living Kidney Donation at a Time of Civil Conflict"
- 17- IMPOWER
- 24- Annual Gradwohl Art of Primary Care Lecture- Christine Sinsky, MD (Vice President, American Medical Association)
- 31- Averey Strong, MD (CMR)- "Morbidity & Mortality"