Application for our Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program should be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). Our program utilizes the ERAS web-based system for processing fellowship applications. We do not accept paper applications for these positions.
The last day for accepting applications is July 31, 2022.
We will accept seven (7) new positions for the 2023-2024 academic year for a total of 21 fellows in our program.
Applicants will interview with the Program Director, one of our two Associate Program Directors, and one faculty member. Each applicant will have a dedicated 1:1 session with a fellow during their interview day. We also will offer dates to attend our weekly Clinical Case Conference during which our current fellows present didactic hematology and oncology cases.
All interviews will be conducted virtually.
- September 12, 2022
- September 30, 2022
- October 3, 2022
- October 21, 2022
- October 24, 2022
What are the program requirements?
- Three years of Internal Medicine residency at an ACGME approved institution
- ECFMG certification for foreign medical graduates
- Three recommendation letters, including one from the Program Director or Department Chair. Letters should indicate that the applicant is personally known to the letter writer, and should include an assessment of medical knowledge and clinical skills
- Personal statement reflecting commitment to hematology/oncology
- No minimum USMLE score requirement, but we require copies of your scores
- The University of Michigan GME utilizes the list of Medical Schools Recognized by Medical Board of California for eligibility in our fellowship program
- Medical School Transcript
When are applications due?
July 31 for the academic year beginning July 1 - but we always appreciate receiving applications much sooner.
What visas do you sponsor?
We sponsor J1 and HB1 visas.
Do you accept foreign medical graduates?
Do you offer elective rotations or observerships?
Is this an accredited program?
Does your program participate in the "Match" process?
Do you provide housing?
We do not offer housing, but the House Officer Association has information on rentals available.
Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program Coordinator
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
C363 Med Inn Building, SPC 5848
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Email: [email protected]