Dr. Pei-Suen (Eliza) Tsou and team discover that drugs that inhibit BRD4, known to play a role in cancer, also affect fibrosis in scleroderma. Read more.
Drugs Showing Promise in Cancer Trials Reduce Scarring for Scleroderma
Nanoparticle Reduces Skin and Lung Scarring for Scleroderma
Dr. John Varga and his lab discover a biodegradable nanoparticle used in medical sutures could combat chronic inflammation and scarring in the lungs and skin of people with scleroderma. Read more.
Additional COVID Vaccine Dose in People with Autoimmune Disease
Dr. Dinesh Khanna co-leads a NIH study that will examine the antibody response to an additional dose of the COVID vaccine in people with autoimmune diseases. Read more.
Circulating CTRP9 Is Associated with Severity of SSc-Associated ILD
Online Mental Health Intervention Significantly Helps the Isolated, Immunosuppressed During Pandemic
Researchers say the support program could be extended to many patient populations. Read more.
- Repurposing Tocilizumab in Scleroderma Patients May Prevent Early Lung Disease, Michigan Medicine Health Lab, March 2021.
- New Research Finds Connection: Inflammation, Metabolism and Scleroderma Scarring, Science Daily, January 2021.
- National Research Effort Discovers Relationship Between Inflammation, Metabolism and Scleroderma Scarring, Michigan Medicine Health Lab, January 2021.
- Protein Linked to Progressive Lung Scarring in Scleroderma Patients, Michigan Medicine Health Lab, December 2020.
- Positive Results for Ziritaxestat in Early Diffuse Cutaneous Systemic Sclerosis, ACR Convergence Today, November 2020.
- Cell Therapy FCR001 to Enter Phase 1/2a Trial for Diffuse Cutaneous SSc, Scleroderma News, July 2020.
- Abatacept: An Option in Systemic Sclerosis?, MedPage Today, July 2019.
- Scleroderma Support: Patients Find Help Online, Michigan Medicine Health Blog, June 2019.
- NIH Grants $10.2M to Find New Therapies for Autoimmune Diseases, Including Scleroderma, Scleroderma News, June 2019.
- Recent Trials Investigated Targeted Therapies for Systemic Sclerosis, The Rheumatologist, May 2019.
- Exploring New Treatments for Autoimmune Diseases, Michigan Medicine Health Lab, May 2019.
- Pulmonary Hypertension Often Occurs Early After SSc-ILD Diagnosis, Rheumatology Advisor, February 2019.
- Tocilizumab Better Than Placebo in Preserving Forced Vital Capacity in Systemic Sclerosis, Healio Rheumatology, February 2019.
- Inhibiting Cancer-Causing Protein Could Prevent Scleroderma Fibrosis, Michigan Medicine Health Lab, February 2019.
- Systemic Scleroderma Treatments: Where Are We Now?, Michigan Medicine Health Lab, January 2019.
- Living with Scleroderma: Personalized Treatment & Support Makes All the Difference, Michigan Medicine Health Blog, July 2018.
- Journey of Hope: Autoimmune Disease Patient Raises Funds, Promotes Education, USA Today, October 2017.
- Service Spotlight: Doc's Commitment to Patient ‘Priceless’, Michigan Medicine Headlines, October 2017.
- Cytori’s Habeo Cell Therapy Appears to Benefit Scleroderma Patients with Diffuse Form of the Disease, Scleroderma News, July 2017.