A specialty group within the division, the University of Michigan Interventional Endoscopy Program (IEP), performs advanced endoscopic procedures to diagnose and treat disorders not only of the pancreas and bile ducts, but also the esophagus and colon, and leads clinical research initiatives to continually evolve clinical practice.
Learn about our current clinical studies:
- Cancer of the Pancreas Screening (CAPS5) - PI: Elena Stoffel, MD, MPH
- Pancreatic Cancer Early Detection (PRECEDE) Consortium – PI: Richard Kwon, MD, MS (CRDSA)
- CA randomized, multi-center, pivotal efficacy and safety study evaluating the EndoBarrier System for glycemic improvement in patients with inadequately controlled type 2 diabetes and obesity: The STEP-1 Study – PI: Allison Schulman, MD, MPH
- Detection of biomarkers of pancreatic cancer - PI: Michelle Anderson, MD, MSc
- Stent vs. indomethacin for preventing post-ERCP pancreatitis: The SVI trial - Site PI: Richard Kwon, MD, MS (CRDSA)
- Longitudinal study of pancreatic cystic lesions with endoscopic ultrasound - PI: Richard Kwon, MD, MS (CRDSA)
- A prospective multicenter cohort study evaluating the association between competency in trainees and clinical outcomes in ERCP: The ACT-ERCP study - PI: Richard Kwon, MD, MS (CRDSA)
- Results of ERCP in sphincter of Oddi dysfunction: The RESPOnD study - PI: Richard Kwon, MD, MS (CRDSA)
Read our team’s recent publications:
- Tavakkoli A, Law RJ, Bedi AO, Prabhu A, Hiatt T, Anderson MA, Wamsteker EJ, Elmunzer BJ, Piraka CR, Scheiman JM, Elta GH, Kwon RS. Specialist Endoscopists Are Associated with a Decreased Risk of Incomplete Polyp Resection During Endoscopic Mucosal Resection in the Colon. Dig Dis Sci. 2017. [Epub] PMID: 28600656.
- Scheiman JM. Pancreatic Cysts - Part 1: Using the AGA Guidelines for the Management of Pancreatic Cysts-A Practical Approach. Pancreas. 2017 46:742-4. PMID: 28609360.
- Kerdsirichairat T, Saini SD, Chamberlain PR, Prabhu A. Autoimmune Pancreatitis Diagnosed with Core Biopsy Obtained from a Novel Fork-Tip EUS Needle. ACG Case Rep J. 2017;4:e7. PMID: 28144612.
Meet our program faculty:
For more information about our clinical studies, please contact:
Clinical Study Coordinator
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
3912 Taubman Center, SPC 5362
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48109