Application deadline for the 2022-2023 program year is October 1, 2021.
Please complete the Podiatry Research Fellowship Program Application to apply.
The University of Michigan Podiatry Research Fellowship is designed to train the next generation of leaders in academic podiatric medicine. The fellowship involves all areas of clinical medicine, with an emphasis on research, and patient populations at risk for limb loss. The program is a two-year program that includes clinical and research areas.
Our team consists of eight podiatrists:
- Crystal Holmes, DPM, CWSP, Podiatry Clinic Director
- Michael Munson, DPM, Podiatry Research Fellowship Program Director
- Rebecca Burmeister, DPM, MPH
- Alton R. Johnson Jr., DPM, CWSP
- Sari Priesand, DPM
- Gary Rothenberg, DPM, CWS
- Brian Schmidt, DPM
- Garneisha Torrence, DPM
University of Michigan’s reputation should be part of your decision:
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Michigan Medicine as best in Michigan and 11th in the nation in their 2021-22 Best Hospitals rankings, with the Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology & Diabetes ranking at #10 nationally
- U.S. News & World Report ranks University of Michigan as the #3 Top Public School in their 2021 Best Colleges rankings
- QS world ranking rates University of Michigan as the #1 Public University in the U.S. and #21 University overall in the world
- Forbes magazine ranks Ann Arbor, Michigan as the #1 Most Educated City
Our first two graduating fellows have been retained as faculty and were hired as Assistant Professors (versus lecturers). Our faculty/mentors are dedicated to helping you achieve your goals whether they are to be retained at the university or relocation to another institution. Building your professional career, helping navigate the path to the next step in your podiatric academic career, and professional development are part of our curriculum and something our entire team is dedicated to providing. Your research project can be designed for further career success and continued once a fellow graduates from the program, even if the collaboration is outside the University of Michigan. Our faculty operate as career advisors and mentors in helping our fellows to achieve their goals. Read A Look Inside the Fellowship.