The Division of Pediatric Pulmonary provides for the comprehensive evaluation and treatment of children with acute and chronic respiratory diseases. Highlights include:
- eleven board-certified pulmonologists
- a nationally recognized cystic fibrosis center
- one of the largest ventilator rehabilitation programs in the country
- a state-of-the-art pulmonary function laboratory for children
- a mulitdisciplinary pediatric sleep apnea program
- flexible bronchoscopy
- a special clinic for difficult-to-treat patients with asthma
- a PCD Foundation-approved center for the care of patients with primary ciliary dyskinesia
Other special services are offered for patients with bronchopulmonary dysplasia, congenital lung disease, interstitial lung disease and respiratory failure of all types, including insufficiency due to central nervous system disorders, chronic lung disease and muscle weakness.
The Division directs basic and clinical research programs related to asthma, cystic fibrosis and bronchopulmonary dysplasia. Faculty research is currently funded by the National Institutes of Health and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. To learn about our areas of study, please visit our research page.
In addition to teaching medical students and residents, the Division directs a Fellowship in Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine. The goal of this program is to train outstanding academic pediatric pulmonologists − life-long learners who will be future leaders in the field. The provided training is broad in scope and includes a strong faculty, diverse inpatient and outpatient population, superb pulmonary function laboratory, and numerous educational and research opportunities.
To Make A New Appointment
Division Contact Phone Numbers
To make a new appointment at any location call: 734-764-4123
Division Mailing Address
Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, University of Michigan Health System
1500 East Medical Center Drive, L2221 Women's Hospital
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5212
Interested in supporting Pediatric Pulmonology?
Please contact Jennifer Hurand
Email: [email protected]