The department desires to recruit and select the most qualified residents for the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Fellowship training program. This shall be done in compliance with the institutional requirements and applicable laws.
Applicants with the following qualifications are eligible for appointment:
- Graduates of medical schools in the United States or Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
Graduates of University of Michigan-approved US medical schools outside the United States and Canada who meet one of the following qualifications:
- Have received a currently valid certificate from Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Have a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the United States licensing jurisdiction.
- Successful completion of an ACGME-accredited residency program in Pediatrics, Medicine-Pediatrics, or another program that establishes board eligibility in the field of Pediatrics.
- Successful completion and a passing score on the USMLE Step I, II and III or equivalent.
- Successful completion of the credentialing process including primary source verification.
- Fellows must hold proper work authorization and be able to provide proof of citizenship, permanent residence, green card, Visa documentation (J-1) or other qualifying authorization.
Beginning in 2016, all required clinical education for entry into ACGME-accredited fellowship programs must be completed in an ACGME-accredited residency program, or in an RCPSC-accredited or CFPC-accredited residency program located in Canada, unless granted an exception by the GME office of the University of Michigan.
The Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases within the University of Michigan will select from among eligible applicants on the basis of their preparedness, ability, aptitude, academic credentials, communication skills, academic performance, and personal qualities.
The University of Michigan, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other applicable legally protected status.