Traditionally, visiting professorships have been reserved for more senior faculty. However, it has become increasingly recognized that junior faculty can benefit from earlier opportunities to establish collaborations, further their research networks, learn about unique clinical programs, and gain experience in disseminating academic work.
We are excited to participate in this program to advance early career faculty development and support ongoing collaboration across centers.
This program aims to promote advancement of our early career faculty through providing career development and networking opportunities, including:
- Increasing national visibility and reputation
- Supporting research collaborations
- Advancing dissemination of academic work
- Developing new clinical skills and/or learning about new clinical programs
- Fostering further collaboration and a supportive environment across partner institutions
This has been one of the best experiences I had as junior faculty. I learned a lot about the institutional and faculty experience in my areas of interest and I made strong connections to support my work.
- Congenital Heart Center, University of Michigan Health C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital
- The Cardiac Center, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Heart Center, Texas Children’s Hospital
- Benderson Family Heart Center, Boston Children’s Hospital
- Betty Irene Moore Children’s Heart Center, Stanford Children’s Health
- Heart Institute, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
This program allows exposure to new ideas and practices for both the junior faculty member and the host institution. We are thrilled to be participating.
How it works
Early career faculty submit a proposal to visit a collaborating site. Visits are tailored to their career interests and strengths of the host site, and typically last around 3 days, although may be longer. During this time, guest and host faculty meet to discuss potential research collaborations, learn about unique clinical programs or skills, deliver invited talks within the heart center to foster exchange of ideas, and participate in other activities of interest.
What a wonderful opportunity to exchange ideas and promote promising careers in our field. We look forward to welcoming you.
How to apply
Faculty <10 years out from training, at the institutions listed above, are eligible to apply. Faculty in pediatric cardiology, adult congenital heart disease, and pediatric cardiac critical care are eligible. The focus of the visit may include any area relevant to pediatric or adult congenital heart disease, or pediatric-acquired heart disease.
The deadline to submit your application is 9/15/2023 at 11:59 PM (EST).