Thank you for your interest in the University of Michigan Radiation Oncology Residency Program. All applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Your application should be accompanied by your:
- Curriculum vitae
- Medical school transcripts
- Three letters of reference
- A personal statement
The Dean’s Letter from your medical school should be released and downloaded to ERAS on September 29. In addition, applicants must have completed USMLE Step 2 or at least be scheduled to take the test in early 2023.
All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee, which will be comprised of the Program Director, Associate Program Director, and several faculty members. Interviews will be by invitation sent via email. The day will consist of meetings with various faculty and residents along with faculty and resident presentations.
There will be three PGY-2 positions open for the 2024-25 academic year. The program start date is July 1, 2024.
The University of Michigan offers highly competitive salaries and tremendous benefits to our residents/fellows. An overview of salary, benefits and employment eligibility is available on the GME Office website,
If you have any questions, please email Residency Coordinator Niki Foster-Maclin, or call 734-936-8700.
Timeline to Apply
International Medical Graduates
- We do not require minimum USMLE scores.
- U.S. clinical experience is not a requirement, but is strongly encouraged.
- Our deadline for application consideration is September 30.
- ECFMG certification at time of application is required. Please review the ECFMG requirements.
- We sponsor only J-1 visas.
- We do not offer pre-match.
- We accept applications only through ERAS.
International medical graduates should contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates for application materials and eligibility requirements. Please write to:
P.O. Box 13467
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3467 USA
Or visit their website: ECFMG-ERAS Support for International Medical Students and Graduates.