Required Athletic Coverage
- Eastern Michigan University NCAA Division I athletic event coverage of all major sports
- Primary medical care of approximately 650 Eastern Michigan University student athletes
- Area high school athletic event coverage for Pioneer High School in Ann Arbor
- Area high school trainer clinic (same as above)
- Mass participation coverage (Waterloo and Ann Arbor Triathlons, including community educational presentations)
- Pulmonary medicine
- Cardiac physiology and rehabilitation
- Risk assessment and fitness evaluations
- Sports psychology
- Private practice sports medicine
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation, dance medicine
- Biomechanics laboratory and preventive sports medicine research
Additional experiences are available in gynecology, bioethics, anatomy and kinesiology, adolescent medicine, student health, performing arts medicine, musculoskeletal imaging, and rheumatology.
Support is provided for attendance at the annual meeting of the American College of Sports Medicine as well as one additional CME event (such as the annual meeting of the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine). A full set of sports medicine textbooks is available on site, as well as full access to the U-M Taubman Medical Library and to on-line medical databases.
The fellow is expected to make educational contributions, with appropriate training and supervision, to medical student, resident and postgraduate teaching programs, as well as contribute to a didactic core curriculum in sports medicine in conjunction with faculty members of the department. Participation in an academic project is required for successful completion of the fellowship.