We are leaders in Family Medicine, who transform primary care and optimize health for communities and people at all stages of life. We accomplish this through compassionate relationship-based care, exemplary teaching, cutting-edge research, and promotion of health equity.
The core values and principles which will guide the Department in the fulfillment of this mission are:
- Relationships which respect diversity and foster collegiality.
- Integration of biomedical, humanistic and psychosocial principles in teaching, research and patient care.
- Commitment to the principles and practices of continuous quality improvement.
- Collaboration with other specialties and organizations in the pursuit of common goals.
- Advocacy for quality of life for all members of the Department.
- Responsiveness to unmet societal and community needs.