The Residency Advisory Committee is a 33-member committee with oversight of all the pharmacy residency programs. This committee consists of a Chair (Residency Coordinator), all PGY1 and PGY2 RPDs, 9 Clinical Pharmacists with one as Tenure Track Faculty, Staff Pharmacy/Manager, and both Resident Chiefs. RAC meets on a monthly basis.
The purpose of the Residency Advisor Committee is to establish and maintain ASHP- accredited pharmacy residency programs and to server as the advisory and organizational structure of all UMHS/MM pharmacy residency programs
The committee shall assure:
- residency programs adhere to the Pharmacy Department, Hospital and ASHP mission and guidelines
- respective residents’ and Department’s goals are met
- residents’ advocacy to other faculty, staff, and Departments
- residents’ adherence to residency program
- mentorship and guidance to residents
- develop new programs as needed due to: department needs, future pharmacist roles, and job market pressures
- decisions important to the function of the department are made in a timely manner
PGY1 residents all serve as a secretary to the Residency Advisory Committee and work closely with the RAC chair on agenda items and execution of material.