I am a clinical specialist in solid organ transplant and provide care for thoracic (lung) and abdominal (kidney, pancreas, liver) transplant recipients in both acute and ambulatory care settings. I also participate in the interdisciplinary care of adult cystic fibrosis patients.
Pharmacy School Attended: University of Michigan (2019)
- PGY1 Pharmacy – Ambulatory Care Track: University of North Carolina (2020)
- PGY2 Solid Organ Transplant: University of North Carolina (2021)
Areas of Interest
Transplant infectious disease, lung transplant, transitions of care
- Szempruch KR, Walter K, Ebert N, Bridgens K, Desai CS. Pharmacological management of patients undergoing total pancreatectomy with auto-islet transplantation. Pancreatology. 2022;S1424-3903(22)00145-4.
- Prom A, Ricciuti D, Walter K, Newman J, Doligalski C. Impact of a clinical pharmacist in an outpatient heart transplant clinic. J Am Coll Clin Pharm. 2021;1-5.
- Walter KS, Gillespie H, Moqbel D, Choe HM, Smith MA. The Impact of Palliative Care Interventions on Medication Regimen Complexity. J Palliat Med. 2020;23(2):156-157.