One of the main benefits of our four-year program is our Professional Development Tracks. Residents explore a specialized area of emergency medicine and build substantial expertise within it. This in-depth training allows you to not only acquire additional competencies, but also to jump-start a career built around your passions.
Residents begin exploring professional development track options in the second year of the program and officially start the curriculum in the third year. Depending on the track, you will be invited to meet with or shadow upper residents and faculty to learn more about what you can expect.
All Professional Development Tracks offer residents:
- Two years of specialized training.
- Expert mentorship and development with faculty at the forefront of their field.
- Opportunity to choose an area of interest and make it your own through individualized training.
- Significant time to develop a niche skill set not typically available in residency.
- Head start as a content expert in your career of choice.
Our current Professional Development Tracks include:
Health Care Administration
This track prepares residents to assume and succeed in an academic position as a physician leader in a variety of domains, including: