Areas of Interest
My broad research interest is to understand how change in diet can influence metabolism and aging. Currently, I am working with C.elegans to understand the role of Flavin-monooxygenase (Fmo-2) in regulating metabolism , stress response and lifespan.
Honors & Awards
- Best poster presentation by young scientist award ” at INDO-US symposium on Mass Spectrometry based Metabolomics in disease biology held on 23rd and 24th Jan 2014 organized by RCGB,Thirvananthapuram.
- Travel Grant Award” at 6th Annual Meeting of Proteomics Society, India and International Conference held at the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay from 7th to 9th December 2014
- Selected for an Oral presentation” at 10th Conference on One Carbon Metabolism, Vitamins B and Homocysteine” held at Nancy, France, from July 7th – 11th, 2015.
- PhD, Biological Science, CSIR- Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, India
- Singhal A, Arora G, Sajid A, Maji A, Bhat A, Virmani R, Upadhyay S, Nandicoori VK, Sengupta S, Singh Y. Regulation of homocysteine metabolism by Mycobacterium tuberculosis S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase. Sci Report;2013
- Maity S, Basak T, Bhat A, Bhasin N, Ghosh A, Chakraborty K, Sengupta S. Cross-compartment proteostasis regulation during redox imbalance induced ER stress. Proteomics. 2014
- Saha, NK Dubey, T Basak, G Bharadwaj, V Tanwar, S Sengupta, V Batra, A Upadhyay, Bhatt A. Homocysteine metabolism in children with idiopathic nephrotic syndrome. Clin Transl Sci. 2014
- Basak T #, Bhat A#, Malakar D, Pillai M, Sengupta S. In-depth comparative proteomic analysis of yeast proteome using iTRAQ and SWATH based MS. Molecular Omics;2015 (# Equal first authors)
- Maity S, Rajkumar A, Matai L, Bhat A, Ghosh A, Agam G, Kaur S, Bhatt N, Mukhopadhyay A, Sengupta S, Chakraborty K. Oxidative homeostasis regulates response to reductive Endoplasmic Reticulum stress through translation control. Cell Reports 2016
- Bhat A, Malakar D, Sengupta S. Evaluation of SWATH-MS based quantification for its accuracy and consistency across concentrations of spiked-in peptides. Journal of Protein & Proteomics; 2016
- Arumugam.V, Saha. A, Kaur.M, Kapoor.K, Arora.N, Basak.T, Sengupta.S, Bhatt.A, Bharadwaj.N, Batra.V, Upadhyay.A.K. Endothelin 1 and endothelial dysfunction in children with idiopathic nephrotic syndrome. Artery Research, 2017
- Kaur.B#, Bhat.A#, Chakraborty.R, Adlakha.K, Sengupta.S, Roy.S.S, Chakraborty.K. Proteomic profile of 4-PBA treated human neuronal cells during ER stress. Molecular Omics ; 2018 ( # Equal first authors)
- Bhat A, Chakraborty R, Adlakha K, Agam G, Chakraborty K, Sengupta SNcl1-mediated metabolic rewiring critical during metabolic stress. Life science alliance; 2019
- Ghose S, Varshney S, Adlakha S, Bhat A, Naushin S, Seth S, Sengupta S. Quantitative proteomics study reveals differential proteomic signature in dilated, restrictive, and hypertrophic cardiomyopathies. (Journal of Protein & Proteomics; 2019)