Mini Med School is open to community members of all backgrounds, from retirees to high school students.
As a participant of the program, you’ll attend a series of lectures with U-M faculty and have a chance to discuss the scientific concepts and your reflections with others.
Why Register for Mini Med School?
- Stimulating curriculum: You learn the latest info on diseases, treatments, research and prevention.
- Engaging faculty: Your teachers are our world-renowned experts.
- Welcoming environment: You will feel right at home in the heart of the Med School campus.
Achievements in Oncology
7 to 9 p.m. Thursdays, April 18-May 23, 2019
Registration is open.
Information for Participants
All Mini Med School sessions will be held in Kahn Auditorium in the A. Alfred Taubman Biomedical Science Research Building, 109 Zina Pitcher Place, Ann Arbor.
2019 Mini Med School Speakers
- Thomas E. Carey, Ph.D. (HPV and Cancers: Epidemiology/Prevention/Vaccines/Head and Neck Cancers)
- Kathleen R. Cho, M.D. (Ovarian Cancer: Discovery Science/Emerging Therapy)
- Howard Crawford, Ph.D. (Pancreatic Cancer: Discovery Science/Emerging Therapy)
- Andrzej A. Dlugosz, M.D. (Basic Principles of Cancer Biology/Principles of Traditional Therapy)
- Timothy L. Frankel, M.D. (Cancer Immunology/Immunotherapy)
- Diane M. Harper, M.D. (HPV and Cancers: Epidemiology/Prevention/Vaccines/Head and Neck Cancers)
- Theodore S. Lawrence, M.D. (Basic Principles of Cancer Biology/Principles of Traditional Therapy)
- Costas A. Lyssiotis, Ph.D. (Cancer Immunology/Immunotherapy)
- Karen McLean, M.D., Ph.D. (Ovarian Cancer: Discovery Science/Emerging Therapy)
- Marina Pasca di Magliano, Ph.D. (Pancreatic Cancer: Discovery Science/Emerging Therapy)
- Anne F. Schott, M.D. (Cancer Genetics)
- Elena M. Stoffel, M.D. (Cancer Genetics)
If you have questions or would like to be added to the mailing list, please contact the Mini Med School coordinator at [email protected].
Visit Open.Michigan to see other free online learning opportunities from U-M.