Areas of Interest
The overall goal of my research is to improve the early detection and monitoring of cardiac pathologies by developing novel quantitative MRI methods.
My lab focuses on 1) the development of new data acquisition methods and reconstruction algorithms, 2) validation in simulations, phantom experiments, and human subjects scanning, and 3) clinical translation in cardiac patient groups. One of the core technologies my group works on is cardiac Magnetic Resonance Fingerprinting, which allows for the measurement of multiple interesting tissue properties from one scan.
I am also interested in developing physics-driven deep learning algorithms to design efficient MRI acquisitions, quantify tissue properties, and reduce motion artifacts in cardiac MRI.
I have several openings in my lab. I am looking for motivated MS/PhD students and postdocs with a background in engineering, physics, computer science, or a related field. I also have projects for undergraduate students and for residents interested in MRI research. If you are interested, please email me and include a copy of your CV.
- Johns Hopkins University, BS (Biomedical Engineering), 2012
- Case Western Reserve University, PhD (Biomedical Engineering), 2018
Published Articles or Reviews
- Hamilton JI, Jiang Y, Eck B, Griswold M, Seiberlich N. Cardiac cine magnetic resonance fingerprinting for combined ejection fraction, T1 and T2 quantification. NMR Biomed. 2020 Jun 5; e4323. doi: 10.1002/nbm.4323.
- Hamilton JI, Pahwa S, Adedigba J, Frankel S, O'Connor G, Thomas R, Walker JR, Killinc O, Lo WC, Batesole J, Margevicius S, Griswold M, Rajagopalan S, Gulani V, Seiberlich N. Simultaneous Mapping of T1 and T2 Using Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Fingerprinting in a Cohort of Healthy Subjects at 1.5T. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2020 Mar 28;. doi: 10.1002/jmri.27155.
- Hamilton JI, Seiberlich N. Machine Learning for Rapid Magnetic Resonance Fingerprinting Tissue Property Quantification. Proceedings of the IEEE. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2020 January; 108(1):69-85.
- Hamilton JI, Jiang Y, Ma D, Chen Y, Lo WC, Griswold M, Seiberlich N. Simultaneous multislice cardiac magnetic resonance fingerprinting using low rank reconstruction. NMR Biomed. 2019 Feb;32(2):e4041. doi: 10.1002/nbm.4041.
- Hamilton JI, Jiang Y, Ma D, Lo WC, Gulani V, Griswold M, Seiberlich N. Investigating and reducing the effects of confounding factors for robust T1 and T2 mapping with cardiac MR fingerprinting. Magn Reson Imaging. 2018 Nov;53:40-51. doi: 10.1016/j.mri.2018.06.018.
- Hamilton JI, Jiang Y, Chen Y, Ma D, Lo WC, Griswold M, Seiberlich N. MR fingerprinting for rapid quantification of myocardial T1, T2, and proton spin density. Magn Reson Med. 2017 Apr;77(4):1446-1458. doi: 10.1002/mrm.26216.