Areas of Interest
- Behavioral human and mouse genetics
- Complex genetics (behavior, impulsivity, alcohol, depression, autism)
- Neurogenetics (epilepsy, ataxia, deafness)
Though a world apart, first-year residents in the United States and China have more in common than they might imagine, including bouts of depression, a new study suggests.
Genetic predisposition plays a role in individuals’ reaction to abrupt change in sleep schedule; findings could have implications for other situations.
The Prepared is a media company that is aiming to make the world of survivalism more approachable to a wide audience
Rigorous study shows depression and anxiety symptoms worsened among medical residents in Shanghai, and fear of workplace violence doubled, in early 2020.
Research in first-year medical residents suggests the predictive power of a tool based on multiple gene variants linked to depression
- 1987-1991: Postdoctoral training University of California, San Francisco
- 1983-1987 Dr. rer. nat. (Ph.D.) Heidelberg University, Germany and European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), Heidelberg
- 1982-83: Diplom (Master) thesis work at Weizman Inst. of Science, Rehovot, Israel
- 1977-83: Diplom Biochemistry Free University, Berlin, Germany