Dr. Bilek is a board-certified Clinical Psychologist and Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry. She is passionate about improving access to effective treatments for youth anxiety, obsessive compulsive, and related disorders. She pursues this passion by contributing to research to improve available treatments, by researching and reducing barriers to accessing treatment, by developing programming that is more accessible to youth, and by providing trainings in the community. She is also passionate about teaching and supervises trainees across disciplines through the Child OCD and Anxiety Disorders Program.
Areas of Interest
- Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Transdiagnostic Treatments
- Underlying mechanisms of pediatric anxiety and depression
- Mechanisms of treatment and treatment enhancement for cognitive behavioral therapies
- Treatment dissemination and deployment
In the wake of a Surgeon General’s advisory, experts offer tips for families of teens and tweens
Here's what young people, parents, peers, teachers and co-workers need to look for, and what to do.
Emily Bilek, Ph.D., answers some of the most searched questions on the internet about anxiety
Dr. Emily Bilek is quoted in this Metro Parent article
- University of Michigan, Postdoctoral fellowship
- University of Miami, Ph.D.
- Washington University in St. Louis, B.A.