In my practice site, I provide care to patients with acute and chronic leukemias and other myeloproliferative neoplasms.
Pharmacy School attended: University of Michigan College of Pharmacy (2014)
- University of Michigan PGY1 Pharmacy (2015)
- University of Michigan PGY2 Oncology (2016)
Areas of Interest
Research interests include the appropriate use of new medications in the leukemia and building a framework for oncology stewardship, and the treatment of infections in immunocompromised patients.
Honors & Awards
2020 Oncology Preceptor of the Year- University of Michigan Residency Program
2021 Residency Preceptor of the Year- University of Michigan Residency Program
- Benitez L, Perissinotti A, Rausch C, Klaus J, Clark S, et al. Multi-Center Retrospective Evaluation of High-Dose Cytarabine Based Induction Versus CPX-351 Induction in Patients with Secondary AML. Blood, 2019. 134 (Supplement_1): 2639
Reid JH, Perissinotti AJ, Benitez L, Bixby DL, Burke P, et al. Impact of prophylactic intrathecal chemotherapy on CNS relapse rates in AML patients presenting with hyperleukocytosis. Leuk Lymphoma. 2019. Nov 18:1-7.
- Hickey E, Clemons B, Griffin S, Cox J, Sutphin S, Ramlal R, Benitez L. Multicenter evaluation of arsenic trioxide dosing in obese patients with low-intermediate risk acute promyelocytic leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma. 2019 Dec;60(14):3557-3560.
Marini BL, Perissinotti AJ, Bixby DL, Burke PW, Pettit KM, Benitez LL. Mini-HCVD plus inotuzumab plus or minus blinatumomab: Hype or hope? Cancer. 2019 Nov 1;125(21):3890-3891.
Alsawah F, Benitez L, Choi S, Marini B, Perissinotti A, et al. Intrathecal alemtuzumab: a potential treatment of refractory leptomeningeal T-cell prolymphocytic leukemia. Blood Adv, 2019.Nov 12;3(21):3333-3336.
Marini B, Brown J, Benitez L, Walling E, Hutchinson RJ, et al. A single-center multidisciplinary approach to managing the global Erwinia asparaginase shortage. Leuk Lymphoma, 2019. May 17:1-15.
Cheung E, Perissinotti AJ, Bixby Dl, Burke PW, Pettit KM, Benitez LL, et al. The leukemia strikes back: a review of pathogenesis and treatment of secondary AML. Ann HematolI, 2019.9893):541-559.
Rausch CR, Marini BL, Benitez L, Elias A, Burke PW, et al. PEGing down risk factors for peg-asparaginase hepatotoxicity in patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma, 2018. 59(3):617-624.
Tang L, Marini B, Benitez L, Nagel J, Berglund C, et al. Risk factors for subtherapeutic levels of posaconazole tablets. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, 2017. 72(10):2902-2905.
Marini BL, Benitez L, Zureick AH, Salloum R, Gauthier AC, et al. Blood-brain-barrier-adapted precision medicine therapy for pediatric brain tumors. Translational Research, 2017. Oct;188:27.e1-27.e14.
Benitez L, Gharibian K, Frame D, Mody R, Mora E. Clofarabine dosing in a patient with AML on intermittent hemodialysis: Case report and review of the literature. JPHO, 2017. 39(6):481-484.
Mackler E, Petersen L, Severson JA, Blayney D, Benitez L, et al. Implementing a method for evaluating patient reported outcomes associated with oral oncolytic therapy. JOP, 2017. 13(4):e395-e400.
Kaminsky B, Benitez L, Bostwick J, Early C, Klein K. Benefits of a concentrated teaching rotation: Perspectives of pharmacy residents and faculty. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning, 2017. 9(2017)4-8.
Koschmann C, Marini B, Benitez Colon L, Wu Y, Kumar C, et al. PDCT-03. Clinically integrated sequencing in the management of children with high-risk brain tumors. Neuro-Oncology, 2016. 18, Suppl.16
- Benitez L, Perissinotti A, Santarossa M, Marini B. Pharmacokinetic and clinical considerations for monitoring asparaginase activity levels during pegaspargase therapy. Pediatr. Blood Cancer, 2015. 62(6):1115.