Dr. Redic has been a practicing pharmacist for over 30 years. She is the Assistant Director for Research Pharmacy and Allergy Pharmacy Services and is a familiar leader in the Investigational Drug Service (IDS) practice area. In her current role, she is responsible for the management of the Research Pharmacy, which includes supervision of 13 clinical pharmacists, 9 pharmacy technicians, 2 pharmacy residents, and 5 pharmacy interns, and oversight of the 600+ studies currently managed by the service. In addition, over the years she has served as Lead Research Pharmacist on over 200 clinical trials. She is a member of the Institutional Review Board Ancillary Committee, and the Department of Pharmacy Services Leadership team. On the national level, she is a member of the Vizient Pharmacy Research Committee and the Hematology Oncology Pharmacy Association (HOPA) IDS SIG. She has a faculty appointment as Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Michigan College of Pharmacy, and is the residency program director for the PGY1-PGY2 Investigational Drugs and Research Pharmacy Residency program at Michigan Medicine. As a nationally recognized practitioner in IDS, she has presented at national meetings regarding medication safety and practice innovations in the pharmacy management of investigational drugs.
Pharmacy School Attended: St Louis College of Pharmacy (1989 and 1990)
Additional Training: Nephrology and Adult General Medicine Pharmacy Residency, The Drug Evaluation Unit, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Areas of Interest
- Investigational drug service practice
- Medication safety in clinical research
- Use of technology in investigational drug services
- Expanded access
- Pharmacy leadership
Honors & Awards
National Organization for Rare Diseases (NORD) Top Abstract Award (2020)
Nominee for Teaching Excellence Award (UM COP) (2017)
Award for Excellence in Poster Presentation and Content, HOPA 9th Annual Conference (2013)
- Smith AJF, Redic KA. Single-patient expanded access: a primer for pharmacists. Am J Health-system Pharm, Volume 79: 2118–2127, December 1, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajhp/zxac242
- Amin S, Polley S, DeFrates S, Finnes HD, et al. National Comprehensive Cancer Network investigational drug service consensus recommendations. Am J Health-system Pharm, 79: 486–491, March15, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajhp/zxab455.
- Siden R, Modlin J, Lee-Gabel L, Redic KA. Handout for research subjects receiving investigational oral chemotherapy. Am J Health-system Pharm, 76:2009–2012, December 15, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1093/ajhp/zxz239.
- Chaffee BW, Lander MJ, Christen C, Redic KA. Surface contamination of counting tools after mock dispensing of cyclophosphamide in a simulated outpatient pharmacy. Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice. First published March 29, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1177/1078155218764587.
- Redic KA, Skyles AJ, Zaccardelli J. Potential role of a pharmacist to enhance medication-related aspects of clinical trials conducted in a dedicated clinical research unit. Contemp Clin Trials Comm:6:55-57. 2017
- Redic KA, Fang K, Christen C, Chaffee B. Surface contamination of hazardous drug pharmacy storage bins and pharmacy distributor shipping containers. J Oncol Pharm Practice: November 17, 2016.
- Redic KA, Hough SM, Price EM. Clinical developments in the treatment of relapsed or relapsed and refractory multiple myeloma: impact of panobinostat, the first-in-class histone deacetylase inhibitor. OncoTarg Ther: 9:2783—2793, 2016.
- Ashjian E and Redic K. Multiple myeloma: Updates for pharmacists in the treatment of relapsed and refractory disease.J Oncol Pharm Pract 22: 289 - 302. 2015
- Siden R, Tamer HR, Skyles AJ, Dolan CS, Propes DJ, Redic K. Survey to assess the role of pharmacy technicians and non-pharmacist staff in the operation of research pharmacies. Am J Health Syst Pharm:71:1877-1889, 2014.
- Redic K. Carfilzomib: A Novel Agent for Multiple Myeloma. J Pharm Pharmacology 65(8):1095-1106, 2013.
- Skyles AJ, Tamer HR, Redic KA, Loo A, Mason NA. Investigational drug service advanced pharmacy practice experience (APPE), Currents in Pharm Teaching Learning 5:134-139, 2013.
- Siden R, Tamer H, Skyles A, Weadock S, Redic K. Pharmacist-prepared dispensing guidelines for drugs used in clinical research. Am J Health Syst Pharm 69(12):1021-1026, 2012.