I am a solid organ transplant clinical pharmacy specialist. I primarily work with the adult and pediatric kidney and liver multidisciplinary transplant teams.
Pharmacy School Attended: Wayne State Univeristy (2010)
- PGY1 Pharmacy: Barnes-Jewish Hospital (2011)
- PGY2 Solid Organ Transplant: Barnes-Jewish Hospital (2012)
Fun Fact: I like to travel, going to concerts, and trying new and unique restaurants. I also enjoy spending time outdoors hiking and biking.
Areas of Interest
Tailored immunosuppression regimens, renal-sparing and induction immunosuppression.
Increasing access to transplantation, Live Donor Champion Program
Published Articles or Reviews
- Hagopian JC and Tellor BR. “Principles of Drug Dosing in Renal Impairment.” The Washington Manual – Nephrology Subspeciality Consult, edited by Tarek Alhamad, MD, MS, Steven Cheng, MD, and Anitha Vijayan, MD, WoltersKluwer, 2021, 261-79
- January SE, Progar K, Nesselhauf NM, Hagopian JC, Malone AF. Choice of Acid Suppressant Therapy and Long-Tern Graft Outcomes after Kidney Transplantation. Pharmacotherapy 2020:40(11):1082-8
- Bartlett FE, Carthon CE, Hagopian JC, Horwedel TA, January SE, Malone A. Tacrolimus Concentration-to-Dose Ratios in Kidney Transplant Recipients and Relationship to Clinical Outcomes. Pharmacotherapy 2019:39(8):827-836
- Pottebaum AA, Hagopian JC, Brennan DC, Gharabagi A, Horwedel TA. Influence of Pretransplant Midodrine Use on Outcomes after Kidney Transplant Clin Transplant 2018;32(9):e13366
- Britt NS, Hagopian JC, Brennan DC, Pottebaum AA, Santos CAQ, Gharabagi A, Horwedel TA. Effects of Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections on Graft and Patient Outcomes after Kidney Transplantation. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2017;32:1758-66
- Rossi AP, Bone BA, Edwards AR, Parker MK, Delos-Santos RB, Hagopian JC, Lockwood C, Musiek A, Klein CL, Brennan DC. Graft-Versus-Host Disease After Simultaneous Pancreas-Kidney Transplantation: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. Am J Transplant 2014;14(11):2651-6
- Hagopian JC, Riney JN, Hollands JM, Deal EN. Assessment of Bleeding Events Associated with Short-Duration Therapeutic Enoxaparin Use in the Morbidly Obese. Ann Pharmacother 2013;47(12):1641-8