Jamie Tharp is the Compounding Compliance Pharmacy Manager and Adjunct Clinical Faculty with the College of Pharmacy. She leads the Compounding Compliance Team and Chairs the Compounding Compliance Oversight and Hazardous Drug Oversight Committees.
Pharmacy School Attended: University of Michigan (2004)
- LEAN Healthcare and KATA training (2011, 2013)
- Michigan Pharmacist Association Leadership Academy 2014-2015
- Critical Point 503A Qualified Persons Certification (2018)
Fun fact: My family raises tarantulas
Areas of Interest
Sterile Compounding Compliance, Safe Handling of Hazardous Drugs, LEAN Iterative Process Improvement, Pharmacy Leadership
Honors & Awards
Michigan Pharmacists Association Consultant and Specialty Pharmacist of the Year (2019)
- Chaffee BW, Tharp JC, Clark JS, et al. A compounding compliance team at an academic medical center. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2020;77:885-895.
- Tharp JC, Tupps M, Kullar R. Amicrobiological monitoring program and control of compounding facilities. Am J Health-System Pharm.
- Penzien CE, Tharp JC, Mulzer K, et al. Development of a sterile compounding training and competency program at a large academic medical center. Am J Health-Syst Pharm.
- Clark JS, Patel D, Desmarais A, et al. Compounding facilities assessment and planning: a focus on USP <797> and USP <800>. Am J Health-System Pharm.
- The SBAR Method for Cleanroom Compliance. Pharmacy Practice News. Published interview by Gina Shaw; July 2021. https://www.pharmacypracticenews.com/Policy/Article/07-21/The-SBAR-Metho...
Building a Cleanroom Compliance Team. Pharmacy Practice News. Published interview by Gina Shaw; May 2021. https://www.pharmacypracticenews.com/Operations-and-Management/Article/0...