Areas of Interest
Currently working on the role of NF kB-inducing kinase (NIK) in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma and whether and how this effect is mediated by Yes-associated protein (YAP).
Ph.D., Exercise Physiology, Kharazmi university, Tehran, Iran
Published Articles or Reviews
- Nikooie R, Gharakhanlo R, Rajabi H, Bahraminegad M, Ghafari A. Noninvasive determination of anaerobic threshold by monitoring the %Spo2 changes and respiratory gas exchange. J Strength Cond Res. 23(7): 2107–2113, 2009
- Nikooie, R, Rajabi H, Gharakhanlu R, Atabi, F, Omidfar, K, Aveseh, M, and Larijani, B. Exercise-induced changes of MCT1 in cardiac and skeletal 5 muscles of diabetic rats induced by high-fat diet and STZ. J Physiol Biochem. 69(4): 865-877, 2013.
- Mansouri M, Nikooie R, Keshtkar A, Larijani B, Omidfar K. The effect of endurance training on RBP4 mRNA gene expression and its protein level in adipose tissue, liver and muscle in diabetic rats induced by high-fat diet and streptozotocin. J Diabetes Invest. 5(5): 484–491, 2014.
- Aveseh M, Nikooie R*, Sheibani V, Esmaeili-Mahani S. Endurance training increases brain lactate uptake during hypoglycemia by up regulation of brain lactate transporters. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 394:29–36, 2014
- Hasanli M, Nikooie R*, Aveseh M, Mohammad M. Prediction of aerobic and anaerobic capacities of elite cyclists from changes in lactate during isocapnic buffering phase. J Strength Cond Res. 29(2):321-9, 2015.
- Aveseh M, Nikooie R*, Aminaie M. Exercise-induced changes in tumour LDH-B and MCT1 expression are modulated by oestrogen-related receptor alpha in breast cancer-bearing BALB/c mice. J Physiology, 15;593(12):2635-48, 2015
- Saeed Daneshyar, Reza Gharakhanlou, Rohollah Nikooie, Yazdan Forutan. The Effect of High-Fat Diet and Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetes and Endurance Training on Plasma Levels of Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide and Lactate in Rats. Canadian J Diabetes. 38(6):461-5
- Nikooie R*, Sajadian S. Exercise-induced lactate accumulation regulates intramuscular triglyceride metabolism via transforming growth factor-β1 mediated pathways. Mol Cell Endocrinology. 419:244-251, 2015
- Nikooie R*. Determination of anaerobic threshold by monitoring the O2 pulse changes in endurance cyclists. J Strength Cond Res. 30(6):1700-7, 2016
- Nikooie R*, Cheraghi M, Mohamadipour F. Physiological determinants of wrestling success in elite Iranian senior and junior Greco Roman wrestlers. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2017; 57(3):219-226.
- Sadat Pormozafari Z, Aminaie A, Nikooie R. The Effect of 8-Week Resistance Training and Leucine Supplementation on Protein Synthesis Among Elderly Men With Sarcopenia. Int J Basic Sci Med. 2018; 3(2):83-88.
- Morowatisharifabad MA, Movahed E, Farokhzadian J, Nikooie R, Hosseinzadeh M, Askarishahi M, Bidaki R. Antiretroviral therapy adherence and its determinant factors among people living with HIV/AIDS: a case study in Iran. BMC Res Notes. 2019, 22;12(1):162.
- Morowatisharifabad MA, Movahed E, Farokhzadian J, Nikooie R, Rahaei Z, Bidaki R, Askarishahi M, Hosseinzadeh M. Depression and physical activity among HIV-positive people: integrated care towards 90-90-90. HIV & AIDS Review. 2019; 18, 2: 131-136
- Movahed E, Morowatisharifabad MA, Farokhzadian J, Nikooie R, Hosseinzadeh M, Askarishahi M, Bidaki R. Antiretroviral Therapy Adherence Among People Living With HIV: Directed Content Analysis Based on Information-Motivation-Behavioral Skills Model. Int Q Community Health Educ. 2019 Jun 19:272684X19858029
- Mohammad Ali Morowatisharifabad, Ehsan Movahed, Jamileh Farokhzadian, Rohollah Nikooie, Mohsen Askarishahi, Reza Bidaki, Mahdieh Hosseinzadeh. Antiretroviral therapy adherence based on information, motivation, and behavioral skills model and its association with depression among HIV-positive patients: Health promotion strategy towards the 909090 target. J Educ Health Promot. 2019; 8: 192.
- Morowatisharifabad MA, Movahed, Nikooie R, Farokhzadian J, Bidaki R, Askarishahi M, Hosseinzadeh M. Adherence to Medication and Physical Activity among People Living with HIV/AIDS. Iran J Nurs Midwifery Res. 2019 Sep-Oct;24(5):397-399.
- Rohollah Nikooie*, Sohil Jafari-Sardoie, Vahid Sheibani, Amir Vaziri Chatrodi. Resistance training augments muscle hypertrophy via TGF-β1-mediated canonical and Smad2/3 linker region phosphorylation pathways. J Cell Physiol. 2020 Jan 21
- Mohsen Aminaei, Elham Hasani Shamsi, Rohollah Nikooie. The impact of eight weeks of calcium intake and vitamin D along with TRX exercise on body composition and lipid profiles of overweight women. Obesity Medicine. 2020. 19(4):100249.
- R Nikooie, D Moflehi, S Zand. Lactate regulates autophagy through ROS-mediated activation of ERK1/2/m-TOR/p-70S6K pathway in skeletal muscle. J Cell Communication and Signaling 2021, 15 (1), 107-123