Areas of Interest
Developing human embryonic stem cells to treat degenerative diseases
Dr. Reubinoff is advancing technologies that will enable evaluation of embryonic stem cells for treating amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and other degenerative diseases. To achieve this goal, he has developed stem cell lines that are suitable for clinical transplantation into human patients. Dr. Reubinoff is evaluating these stem cells in clinical trials for neural and retinal degenerative disorders, such as ALS and age-related macular degeneration.
- B.Med.Sc., Medical Science, Hebrew University-Hadassah Medical School, 1984
- MD, Medicine, Hebrew University-Hadassah Medical School, 1988
- M.Sc., Neurobiology, Hebrew University-Hadassah Medical School, 1990
- Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hadassah-Hebrew University Medical Center
- PhD, Developmental Biology, from Monash University, 1999