Dr. Stalburg completed her medical school and residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Michigan. She attained a Master of Arts in higher education and post-secondary education from the School of Education at the University of Michigan in 2006. Her academic interest is in the pedagogy of teaching and training others to teach. Dr. Stalburg is involved in medical education across the continuum of undergraduate and graduate medical training at the University of Michigan. She also maintains a busy clinical practice in general obstetrics and gynecology. Nationally, Dr. Stalburg serves on a number of committees for the National Board of Medical Examiners, participates as a reviewer for the International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and serves as the Central Region Chair on the Steering Committee of the Central Group on Educational Affairs.
Research and scholarly interests: Instructional methods, assessment of clinical skills, faculty development, educational leadership development, women’s health
Subject-matter expertise: faculty development in instructional methods and curriculum development, health professions education, open on-line educational resource development, women’s health education and training
Other professional highlights:
- Leadership roles in undergraduate medical educational, including curriculum development and clinical skills assessment
- Elected Central Region Chair of the Central Group on Educational Affairs Steering Committee
- Elected member of the Basic Science Academic Review Board, University of Michigan Medical School.
- Test development and Item Review Committees, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Coursera MOOC: Instructional methods in health professions education
- Faculty, Master of Health Professions Education
Published Articles or Reviews
Stalburg, CM and Stein, TA. An interdisciplinary course in women's health integrating basic and clinical sciences. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2002; 187:S49-52.
Lypson M, Perlman R, Stalburg C, Johnston C, Lash R, Ross P. What Patients Bring to the Medical Encounter? Dealing with the Whole Patient. MedEdPORTAL. 2010. Available from: www.mededportal.org/publication/8068.