Skip to content
Presentations & Posters
- Tessa Adzemovic. “Factors Affecting Peripheral IV Awareness”
- Adamo Brancaccio. “The Effect of Gender Bias on Acceptance of Antibiotic Stewardship Recommendations from Clinical Pharmacists”
- Vijay Singh. “Hospital Medicine Physician and Advanced Practice Provider Work Stressors”
- Ryan Townshend. “Patient Knowledge of Care Information”
Clinical Vignette Posters
- Alexander Harris. “Delayed Diagnosis in a Case of Polyneuropathy: An All-Too-Common Refrain”
- Jay Li. “Necrotic Lower Extremity Ulcerations Appearing After Moderna COVID-19 Vaccination”
- Michael Rudy. “Episodic Abdominal Pain and Neurologic Dysfunction After COVID-19 Infection and Vaccination”
- Nathaniel Soper. “Antibiotic Misuse After Discharge from Medical Short Stay Units”
- Madison Breeden. “Improved Overnight Cross-Cover Documentation and Attending Physician Notification Utilizing Dot Phrase”
Clinical Vignette Posters
- Nelish Ardeshna. “Methotrexate Toxicity Presenting as Gi Bleed”
- Ali Assi. “A Unique Presentation of Diffuse Muscle Weakness”
- Emily Jacobson. “Fever and Chest Pain of Unknown Cause: The Ear Has It”
- Min Jiang. “The Mystery of Brain Lesions”
- Satyen Nichani. “At the Tip of the Tongue”
- Satyen Nichani. “Fever After Renal Biopsy: A Rare Complication”
- Virginia Sheffield. “Crystalizing the Diagnosis: A Case of Gout Mimicking Necrotizing Fasciitis”
- Michael Rudy. “Imitating a Great Imitator”
- Tessa Adzemovic. “Awareness of Peripheral Intravenous Catheters Among Nurses, Physicians, and Trainees: A Survey-Based Study”
- Jawad Al-Khafaji. “Clinical Checklists to Reduce Diagnostic Error: A Systematic Review of the Literature Using a Human Factors Framework”
- Jessica Ameling. “Describing Hospital Room Signage: Implications for Digital Interventions to Improve Patient Safety”
- Jessica Ameling. “Pilot Testing a Bedside Patient Safety Display to Increase Provider Awareness of the 'Hidden Hazards' of Catheters and Wounds”
- Vineet Chopra. “Are Ports Safer Than PICCs in Patients with Cancer? A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis”
- Vineet Chopra. “Association Between Appropriateness Criteria and Risk of Complications in Patients with Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters”
- Alexander Harris. “NPO Practices for Hospitalized Patients Undergoing Common Imaging Studies”
- Sarah Hartley. “Going Against the Norm: Assessing the Impact of Gender, Clinical Setting, and Skill Domains on Resident Assessment of Faculty Performance”
- Andrew Johnson. “Midline Catheters, Our Three-Year Experience at a Veterans Administration Medical Center”
- Ashwin Peres-Da-Silva. “Reduction in Readmission Rates for COPD Patients with 7-Day Post Hospital Follow-Up”
- Erica Smith. “Patient Understanding and Perspectives of Antibiotics and Antibiotic Resistance Following Hospital Discharge”
- Valerie Vaughn. “Antibiotic Overuse at Discharge and Outcomes in Hospitalized Patients with Bacteriuria or Treated for Pneumonia: A Multi-Hospital Cohort Study”
- Valerie Vaughn. “Influence of Infectious Disease Physician Approval on Appropriateness of Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Use and Outcomes”
- Valerie Vaughn. “Inpatient and Discharge Fluoroquinolone Prescribing in Veterans Affairs Hospitals Between 2014 and 2017”
- Valerie Vaughn. “Misdiagnosis of Urinary Tract Infection and Misdiagnosis of Pneumonia Linked at the Hospital Level: A Multi-Hospital Cohort Study”
- Jessica Ameling. “Displaying Medical Information in Hospital Rooms: Best Practices from Human Factors Engineering and Application to Developing a Patient Safety Display”
- Christopher Grondin. “CPRS Inpatient Dashboard - A Novel Electronic Health Record Companion”
Clinical Vignette Posters
- Anita Amin. “A Depressing Case of Rhabdomyolysis”
- Anita Amin. “Diagnostic Determination of a Difficult Diarrhea”
- Saeeda Fatima. “Phew! It's a Benign Mass - Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis”
- Tristan Feierabend. “Chest Pain After Transarterial Chemoembolization: Dissecting an Undescribed Complication”
- Mary Finta. “Cryptogenic Cirrhosis as a Presenting Sign of Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma”
- Juan Gonzalez. “Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding Due to a Duodenal Metastatis from Primary Testicular Squamous Cell Carcinoma”
- Mark Kolbe. “Get the Gist? An Uncommon Cause of Acute Gastrointestinal Bleeding”
- Jayasree Krishnan. “Non-Articular Felty's Syndrome”
- Kathryn Levy. “Bilateral Lower Extremity Cellulitis? Your Heart Should Tell You to Question the Diagnosis”
- Kathryn Levy. “Out of Sight, Not out of Mind”
- Kathryn Levy. “Sometimes You Have to Keep Digging 4 the Diagnosis”
- Satyen Nichani. “Handicapped by the Turtle Bug”
- Satyen Nichani. “Painless Jaundice: A Disease That Affects Some Men Also”
- Robert Paretti. “A Good Brain Is Needed for the Right Diagnosis”
- Nadeen Sarsour. “Mycobacterium Tuberculous Meningitis as a Cause of Subacute Altered Mental Status in a Patient with Negative TB QuantiFERON”
- Christopher Smith. “Where There's Vape, There Isn't Always Fire”
- Adam Zahr. “A Case of IgG4-Related Disease Presenting as Recurrent Sinusitis and Mastoiditis”
- Monee Amin, Ashley Snyder, Vineet Chopra. "Calling Dr. Google"
- Anu Goyal, Sweta Kochar, Suzanne Winter, Ashley Snyder, Vineet Chopra. "Patients Perspectives on White Boards as Bedside Visual Tools to Enhance Communication"
- James Harrison, Margaret Fang, Vineet Chopra, Georgianne Zieger, Marisha Burden, Luci Leykum. "The I-HOPE Study: Improving Hospital Outcomes Through Patient Engagement"
- Lakshmi Swaminathan, Scott Flanders, David Ratz, Tawny Czilok, Elizabeth McLaughlin, Vineet Chopra. "Are Midlines Safer Than PICCs in Hospitalize Patients?"
- Ruby Marr, Anu Goyal, Suzanne Winter, Jason Mann, Ashley Snyder, Todd Greene, Vineet Chopra. "Support Opportunities for Second Victims (SOS)"
- Mary Rogers, Scott Flanders, Elizabeth McLaughlin, Rachel Burris, Lakshmi Swaminathan, Allison Weinmann, Vineet Chopra. "Applying MAGIC to Improve PICC Appropriateness: Results from 42 Michigan Hospitals"
- Vineet Chopra, Scott Kaatz, Dan Croteau, Elizabeth McLaughlin, Rachel Burris, Scott Flanders. "Patterns and Prevalence of PICC Use in Patients with CKD"
- Valerie Vaughn, Tejal Gandhi, Lindsay Petty, Anna Conlon, Anurag Malani, Sarah Bloemers, Elizabeth McLaughlin, Vineet Chopra, Scott Flanders. "The Michigan Hospital Medicine Safety Consortium: Improving Patient Care By Reducing Excessive Antibiotic Use In Patient's Hospitalized with Community Acquired Pneumonia"
- Vineet Chopra, Scott Kaatz, Lakshmi Swaminathan, Tanya Boldenow, Rachel Burris, Elizabeth McLaughlin, Scott Flanders. "Patterns and Prevalence of Midline Catheter Use in Michigan Hospitals: A Pilot Study"
- Vineet Chopra, Rachel Burris, Muhammad Nabeel, Elizabeth Mclaughlin, Lakshmi Swaminathan, Lona Mody, Scott Flanders. "Indications and Patterns of PICC Use in Patients Discharged to SNFs"
- Nauzley Abedini, Vineet Chopra, HwaJung Choi, Melissa Wei, Kenneth Langa. "The Relationship of Loneliness to Symptom Burden, Intensity Of Care, and Advance Care Planning at End of Life In Older Americans"
- Nauzley Abedini, Rafina Khateeb, Jason Mann, Vineet Chopra, Rachel Kramer, Whitney Townsend, Achintya Singh. "Interventions to Reduce Aggressive End of Life Care Among Cancer Patients: A Systematic Review"
- Lauren A Heidemann, James T Fitzgerald, David T Hughes, Sarah Hartley. "Inpatient Cross-Cover Expert Consensus Guidelines for Medical and Surgical Residents: A Delphi Analysis"
- David A. Stephenson, Richard J. Schildhouse, Suzanne Winter, Vineet Chopra. "Are Hospitalists Willing, Ready and Able to Respond to In-Hospital Cardiac Arrest? A Multi-Center Study"
- Tessa Adzemovic, Sushant Govindan, Suzanne Winter, Vineet Chopra. "Do Clinicians Know Which of Their Patients Have Peripheral Intravenous Catheters?"
- Members of the Society of Hospital Medicine Patient Experience Committee. "Hospitalist Perspectives on Patient Experience"
- Valerie Vaughn. "Antibiotic Stewardship Teams AND Clostridioides Difficile Infection Prevention Practices In United States Hospitals: A National Survey In The Joint Commission Antimicrobial Stewardship Standard Era"
- Matthew Luzum, Mark McQuillan. "What Variables Are Associated with Performing Transthoracic Echocardiogram When Evaluating Syncope?"
- Rafina Khateeb, Fiona Linn, Marisa Rodriguez, Jennifer Egan, David Somand, Vineet Chopra. "Reaching Across Town to Enhance Regional Inpatient Access"
- Lauren Heidemann, Sarah Hartley, Nathan Houchens, Sanjay Saint, Suzanne Winter, Vineet Chopra. "Direct Observation of Clinical Teaching on Rounds (DOCTOR) Program"
- Nathan Houchens. "Fueling Leadership In Yourself (FLY): A Novel Faculty and Staff Development Program"
Clinical Vignette Posters
- Satyen Nichani. “A Good Drug Goes Rogue”
- Matthew Luzum, David Paje. "Idiopathic Central Diabetes Insipidus Revealed by an Incidental, Iatrogenic Water Deprivation Test"
Lectures, Workshops & Oral Presentations
- Paul Grant, Rachel Thompson, Carolyn Pinkerton, Hari Parvataneni. “Common Goals, Differing Perspectives: Effective Collaboration Among Anesthesiologists, Hospitalists, and Surgeons”
- Vineet Chopra, Charlie Wray, Vinny Arora, Lekshmi Santhosh. “Tweet Your Way to the Top: Social Media as a Career Development Tool in Hospital Medicine"
- Nauzley Abedini, David Rawson. “Acknowledging the Elephant in the Room: Prognostication in Serious Illness.”
- Rafina Khateeb, Fiona Linn, Marisa Rodriguez, Jennifer Egan, David Somand, Vineet Chopra. "Reaching Across the Aisle to Enhance Regional Inpatient Access"
- Vineet Chopra, Anna Conlon, Scott Flanders. "Measuring and Reporting Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infection: More Than Meets the Eye?"
- David Bozaan, Grace Jenq, Anna Conlon, Pamela James, Lakshmi Halasyamani. "The Development of an Innovative Patient Journey Timeline to Identify Transition Gaps For a Multi-Health System Collaborative Quality Initiative: Integrated Michigan Patient-Centered Alliance In Care Transitions (I-MPACT)"
- Vineet Chopra, Scott Kaatz, Lakshmi Swaminathan, Scott Flanders. "Does EKG-Guided Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Insertion Reduce Risk of Deep Vein Thrombosis?"
- Ji Youn Shin, Anu Goyal, David Bozaan. "Interactive Tools for Patient's Comprehension: Patient Experiences Reviewing Daily Basis Records"
- Paul Grant, Rachel Thompson. "Essentials of Perioperative Medicine and Co-Management for the Hospitalist"
- Craig Gunderson, Vineet Chopra. "How to Conduct a Systematic Review"
- Valerie Vaughn. "Organizational Characteristics of Underperforming Hospitals"
- Valerie Vaughn. "Antibiotic Overuse Hiding at Discharge"
- Paul Grant, Steven Cohn. "Update in Perioperative Medicine"
- Richard Schildhouse, Ana Montoya, Anu Goyal, Jason Mann, Ashley Snyder, Vineet Chopra, Lona Mody. "How Often Are Healthcare Personnel Hands Colonized with Multi-drug Resistant Organisms? A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis"
- David Paje, Anna Conlon, Scott Kaatz, Lakshmi Swaminathan, Scott Flanders, Vineet Chopra. "Characteristics of Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Placement in Hospitalized Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease"
- Mark Kolbe. "Where's the Fat? A Challenging Case of Recurrent Ascites"
- Mark Kolbe. "A Great Imitator: A Case of Intravascular CNS Lymphoma"
- Nathan Houchens, Zachary Haupt. "The Tissue is the Issue"
- Nathan Houchens, Lauren Heidemann, Christopher Petrilli, Tammy Ellies, Matthew Johnson, Katie Schwalm, Elizabeth Spranger, John Del Valle, Scott Flanders. "Partners In Quality: Embedding Performance Improvement Specialists Into a Safety and Quality Curriculum"
- Anu Goyal, Vineet Chopra. "Listen To Your Gut"
- Matthew Ettleson, Sophia Larson, Mark Kluk, Aditi Ramakrishnan, Stephanie Hoffman, Christopher Petrilli. "Time Out for Type and Screen?"