The Cancer Network of West Michigan based in Grand Rapids, a joint venture between Mercy Health and Metro Health – University of Michigan Health, is seeking board certified/board eligible Hematology/Oncology providers (MD/DO) to join a well-established and expanding oncology program. Ideal candidates will be able to collaborate effectively within an expanding integrated health system, have excellent communication skills and evidence of clinical competence, and will hold or have the ability to obtain the appropriate medical licenses in the state of Michigan.
Integrated Healthcare System
Metro Health serves more than 250,000 patients annually from across West Michigan – and beyond. In addition to a 208-bed hospital, which provides a comprehensive suite of inpatient and outpatient healthcare services, Metro Health has a growing number of neighborhood outpatient centers and offices throughout West Michigan. We also provide a community clinic for the under-served and student health clinics on the campuses of Grand Valley State University and Aquinas College. With more than 500 physicians on staff, Metro Health provides a growing number of specialty health services, including cancer treatment, heart and vascular, neurology, pulmonology and others. Many are members of the Metro Health Medical Group.
- University Affiliated Hospital
- Located in beautiful West Michigan
- 15 minutes from Gerald R. Ford International Airport
- Approximately 35 minutes from Lake Michigan
- Affordable housing
- Supportive community with good public and private schools
Hematology/Oncology Practice Features
- Multidisciplinary are care in ambulatory setting
- Clinical research and teaching initiatives
- Potential sign-on bonus and student loan repayment
- Full benefit package including malpractice coverage, continuing medical education, and PTO
- Fast growing community with top-notch public schools, year-round outdoor activities, cultural activities, and access to Detroit and Chicago
- Affiliation with the University of Michigan and access to the U-M Rogel Cancer Center
About The Cancer Network of West Michigan
The recent agreement to develop The Cancer Network of West Michigan, a joint venture between Mercy Health and Metro Health – University of Michigan Health, leverages the combined resources and capabilities of the two West Michigan health systems and Michigan Medicine, the academic medical center of the University of Michigan. The Cancer Network of West Michigan encompasses three West Michigan campuses including: Metro Health located in Wyoming, Mercy Saint Mary’s located in Grand Rapids and Mercy Muskegon located in Muskegon.
Interested candidates please submit CV’s to:
Why Choose Grand Rapids?
- Ranked by Forbes as one of the best cities to raise a family
- Vibrant, family-driven neighborhoods
- Top-ranked school systems, both public and private
- Stable culture with a strong work ethic
- Ever-expanding restaurant scene to delight any foodie
- International airport with easy parking offering six airlines with 120 daily nonstop scheduled flights
- Thriving nightlife with multiple music venues including the Van Andel Arena
- Access to locally grown produce through local farm markets
- Multiple higher education possibilities
- Museums, Broadway shows and a flourishing art scene anchored by ArtPrize and Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park
- 20+ craft breweries earned Grand Rapids being named Beer City USA
- Lake Michigan and beautiful beaches are only 35 minutes away
- Top-rated golf courses, both public and private
For more information on Grand Rapids, click here.